- This event has passed.
“The Challenge of Change”–2019 Healthcare Symposium
April 11 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm| Free - $100
The Wichita Area Benefit Professionals, a division of the National Association of Health Underwriters, presents its 9th Annual Healthcare Symposium, “The Challenge of Change” on Thursday, April 11, 2019.
With the onslaught of issues and challenges facing the insurance and benefits industries, we’ve gathered experts and leaders to educate and motivate you with information and strategies you need to navigate the ever-changing insurance landscape.
- Review of current issues affecting health policy and the Affordable Care Act ~Presented by National Association of Health Underwriters
- Briefing on Kansas legislative updates affecting healthcare and policies ~Presented by representative of the Kansas House of Representatives
- Legal insights on changes, challenges and programs affecting employer-provided health coverage~Presented by Foulston Siefkin
- Managing prescription drug benefits, costs and communication strategies ~Presented by MedTrak
- Cost Containment Panel~Presented by Carrier, Network, Third Party Administration and Provider representatives
This year’s Keynote speaker, Dr. Kneeland Brown, is the President of Trinity Academy and a board member of Enterprise Stewardship. Dr. Brown will present on Enterprise Stewardship’s mission on how to be courageous capital creators by Investing Economic Capital with the intent of providing market driven returns on financial investment; Impacting our institutions by creating Social Capital as we love our team members as we love ourselves; and Inspiring our associates and teammates to live with Purpose and develop Spiritual Capital.
Registration and buffet breakfast begins at 7:30, with the program lasting from 8:00-4:30.
Cost to attend is $75 for association members and $100 for non-members.
Life & Health Continuing Education Credit: 7 Credits Approved (includes 1 hour Ethics)
SHRM Continuing Education Credit: 7 Credits Pending
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview, subject to availability.
Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720.