- This event has passed.
“Together Towards Tomorrow” – 2018 Symposium
April 12 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm| Free - $100
The Wichita Area Benefit Professionals, a division of the National Association of Health Underwriters, presents its 8th Annual Healthcare Symposium, “Together Towards Tomorrow”.
With many recent federal and state legislative and regulatory actions affecting health policy, it can be arduous directing business based on what the future may hold. During this seminar we’ll examine recent actions, current barriers, anticipated changes and how these can impact you as a health insurance or benefit professional. Join us for a fresh approach to the challenges in 2018 and beyond. Topics include:
- Review current issues affecting health policy and the Affordable Care Act ~Presented by National Association of Health Underwriters
- Briefing on Kansas legislative updates affecting healthcare and policies and functions of the Kansas Insurance Department~Presented by representatives of the Kansas House of Representatives and Kansas Insurance Department
- Legal insights on changes, challenges and programs affecting employer-provided health coverage~Presented by Hinkle Law Firm
- The rise of millennials in the workplace and how to best manage their prescription drug benefits, costs and communication strategies ~Presented by MedTrak
- Legislative landscape and top priorities for healthcare advocates from a local and national perspective~Presented by Aetna
- Changes to tax requirements that can affect your business and how to manage them~Presented by Allen, Gibbs & Houlik, L.C. (AGH)
This year’s Keynote speaker, Joe Schillaci is a former homicide detective and undercover narcotics officer having worked some of the meanest streets in Miami for 30 years. His presentation has been developed from his career experiences and modified to the workplace. He speaks on Anti-bullying and Sexual Harassment in the workplace, and his background in Basic Hostage Negotiations, Communication and Stress Management, Customer Service, and his expertise in body language provides the audience with action steps to improve business and personal relationships with an emphasis on forgiveness. He is a Certified Nonviolence Counselor and speaks across the country to business groups, academies, students and leadership teams to better improve morale and productivity.
Registration and buffet breakfast begins at 7:30, with the program lasting from 8:00-4:30.
Cost to attend is $75 for association members and $100 for non-members.
Life & Health Continuing Education Credit: 7 Credits Approved (includes 1 hour Ethics)
SHRM Continuing Education Credit: 7 Credits Approved
HRCI Continuing Education Credit: Pending